Here are some up coming dates. Please also follow us on Facebook to get notifications about goings-on!
Guild Meeting Schedule 2015 – 2016
All meetings are held from 7:30pm-9:30pm on the first Tuesday each month from Sept – May. These are held in the Lagan Room at the Ulster Folk Museum in Cultra.
- 1 Sep – Show and Tell – bring along your latest project as well as your wheel or knitting. Catch up from the summer break.
- 6 Oct – Anne’s Woven Surprise – learn a simple weaving technique to produce a small woolen container.
- 3 Nov – Lorna’s Lacy Snake – a simple introduction to bobbin lace.
- 1 Dec – Sarah’s Paper Folding – A decorative use of paper in time for Christmas. Secret Santa this year is to be a small purse.
- 5 Jan – Cinema Night – selection of crafty videos, bring your own popcorn!
- 2 Feb – Spin IN – Bring your wheel
- 1 Mar / 5 April – T.B.N.
- 3 May – AGM and competition. As there is to be a national exhibition again this year we will announce our competition when we find out what their open class is going to be.
Other important dates
- The Creative Crafts Show 15-17 October 2015 – Guild members are invited to volunteer to demonstrate on the stand during the show. You can spin, weave, etc. You can also bring items to sell on the stand.
- Kay’s Crafty Retreat 2016 – We’ll be planning a spring retreat, more details to follow!
- The National Conference and Exhibition 10-16th June 2016 – The title of the exhibition is “Lasting Impressions” and there will be more info coming soon.
- Association Summer School – the next summer school will be held in 2017, more details to follow.
Also check out the Association website http://www.wsd.org.uk