Our guild meets monthly for regular meetings from September to May. But the fun doesn’t stop over the summer! In fact we have a busy summer schedule of spinning demonstrations at events all over Northern Ireland.
Different guild members have volunteered to demonstrate spinning, and some will even let you try their wheel. 😎
Most of these events are in the context of agricultural or craft shows, which is great if you’re bringing along your family and friends.
- 4 June – The Lurgan Show http://www.lurganshow.co.uk
- 18 June – Saintfield District Show, http://www.saintfieldshow.co.uk
- 18 June – National Knitting Day, Folk and Transport Museum, Cultra. http://nmni.com/uftm/
- 25 and 26 June – Irish Game Fair, Shanes Castle, Antrim http://www.irishgamefair.com
- 16 July – Castlewellan Agricultural Show, http://www.castlewellanshow.com
- Wednesdays in August for Craft Month, (Including 3, 10, 17, 24 of August) at Ulster Folk and Transport Museum http://nmni.com/uftm/
- 3 Sept – Northern Ireland Rare Breeds Show and Sale, Gosford Forest Park http://www.rbst.org.uk/Events/Events
- 10 Sept – Legacurry (More details soon)
- 11 Sept – Craft Skills Day, Ulster Folk and Transport Museum http://nmni.com/uftm/What-s-on/Events/Crafts—Skills-Day-at-the-Ulster-Folk—Transport
We’d love if you could share this post on Facebook to tell others about the summer schedule!
If you’re curious what we did from 2015-2016, check out the previous year’s schedule. Keep an eye out for updates about the next year.