The Ulster Guild of Spinners Weavers and Dyers is a member of the Association of Guilds of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers.
Autumn – Spring Programme
You can check out the schedule of meetings for the 2016-2017 Programme.
Each month, we have skill sharing demos, a guest speakers and often some kind of make-and-take craft project. We try to cover topics related to spinning, weaving and dyeing and ensure we all get to try something new.
If you use Facebook, please sign up to the events, and then we can send you reminders and updates. https://www.facebook.com/ulsterguild/events
In the summers, guild members meet and do demos at various craft and farming shows around the province. Occasionally we also hold workshops and exhibitions. If you’re curious about the guild, non-members are encouraged to attend a meeting or two to find out more about the guild. Check out the schedule from Summer 2016.
Please also follow us on Facebook to get notifications about goings-on!
- A full membership is £20.
- Associate membership is £10.50.
- Associate membership is available for people wishing to become a member but who would only be able to attend a maximum of 5 meetings.
- Subscription to the Journal of the Association of Guilds of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers is £18 for the year and £23 which includes postage.
Equipment hire terms
- There are two items which can be borrowed: a spinning wheel and drum carder
- £50.00 deposit in the form of a cheque, to be held, uncashed by the Treasurer
- £10.00 per month with the equipment being returned each month to allow for use at guild meeting and/or for rental by another member.
When we meet
- The Lagan Room at the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum, Cultra, Co. Down, BT18 0EU (map link)
- The first Tuesday each month Sept – May. 7:30pm
- Dublin: The Irish Guild of Spinners Weavers and Dyers meets on the third Sunday of every month. weavespindye.ie and on Facebook.
- Cork: There is also a guild in Cork, you can find out more on the Association website.